Inductor Design Program (INDUCTOR) is a multi-featured design program for designing a wide range of inductive devices using a variety of gapping arrangements.
INDUCTOR is used to design:
- Linear chokes
- Swinging chokes
- DC inductors
- AC inductors
- Multiple frequency filter chokes
- Trap inductors
- Link inductor
Our INDUCTOR package also includes our auxiliary programs of X-Analysis (Extended Analysis), Database (Custom Database Program), and MasterFile (Master File Creator) at no additional cost.
- Accommodates applications with or without super-imposed D.C.
- Database contains permeability, incremental permeability, and core losses for a wide range of magnetic materials
- Provides ideal means of evaluating swinging inductors
- Modes of operation are:
- Core entered by user – Inductor determines turns, gap, wire size
- Core and wire entered by user – Inductor determines turns and gap
- Core, turns and gap entered by user – Inductor determines wire
- Core, turns, gap, and wire entered by user – Inductor determines inductance
- Accommodates round wires, rectangular wires, and foil in either copper or aluminum
- Internal inductance calculations include expressions for gap fringing.
- Temperature calculations take into account core losses, conductor losses (including eddy current losses) and core gap losses
- Well organized design printout can be used as winding specification
- Convenient modification features allow for easy correction of input data and for design changes