Transformer Design Program (TRANS) is a comprehensive design program used to design a wide range of linear transformers. For small linear transformers TRANS will design a broad range of single or three-phase transformers with or without rectified outputs. For large transformers, TRANS will handle ratings upwards of several thousands Kva. Standard industry winding schemes such as barrel, disk & section winding can be accommodated. Cooling methods – ducted or unducted available are Open, Forced air, Encapsulated, Compound filled, Sand Resin, Liquid filled.
Trans Is Used to Design
- Machine tool transformers
- Aircraft & military transformers
- Capacitive input filters
- Inverter transformers
- Rectifier transformers
- Large step-up or step-down transformers
- Distribution transformers (OVDT or oilfilled)
- Isolation transformers
- Welding transformers
- Harmonic mitigating transformers
Our TRANS package also includes our auxiliary programs of X-Analysis (Extended Analysis), Database (Custom Database Program), and MasterFile (Master File Creator) at no additional cost.
- Internal database includes a wide variety of core types, core shapes, and core materials. Constantly updated.
- Flexible Conductor arrangements are permitted for round wire, rectangular wires, and foil in either copper or aluminum
- Unrectified outputs with either leading or lagging load power factors
- Rectified Outputs with resistive, inductive, or capacitive input filters
- Typical modes of operation: Automatic: Trans picks core, wire, insulation. Semi-automatic: User enters core – Trans selects wires. Non-automatic: User enters core, wire, insulation
- Temperature rise calculated for open, encapsulated, compound filled, oil filled, and forced air cooled constructions
- Extended Analysis routines allow performance of a design to be evaluated under many conditions of load, input voltage, input frequency etc.
- Impedance is calculated
- Data is easily entered by means of conversational prompting of by source data files
- Convenient modifying features allow easy correction of entered data or modification of entered data to change a design